Direct from: http://www.ossec.net/main/ossec-v16-released
We are pleased to announce the general availability of OSSEC version 1.6.
This new version delivers the most comprehensive update to OSSEC in its history, with numerous new features and bug fixes, including:
- New multi-server architecture
- New platform support for Microsoft Vista (and Server 2008)
- New platform support for VMware ESX
- Added active response module for Windows
- CIS benchmarks on Linux (through the policy auditing)
- Added the VMWare Security hardening guideline to the policy auditing
- Added support for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise logs
- Added support for VMware ESX hostd logs
- Added support for Mac OS FTP server logs
- New tools to better manage the data stored (syscheck_control, rootcheck_control, log_test)
And much more… Check the changelog to see all changes and contributors.
Download it from: http://www.ossec.net/main/downloads .
Special thanks to Michael Starks, Chris Buechler and Joachim Vorrath for the contributions and ChuckD (mdmonk), Daniel Medianero and John Ives for beta testing this release.