Directly from: http://www.ossec.net/main/ossec-v24-released:
The OSSEC team is very happy to announce the general availability of OSSEC version 2.4.
What is new? We have lots of new features and bug fixes, but these are the main changes:
- Added daily email summaries/reports. (more info)
- Added option to alert when a log or command output changes – check_diff. (more info)
- Added rules to ignore crawlers causing 404s (MSN, Google, Yahoo, etc).
- Improved ossec-logtest to be used for the forensic analysis of log files (more info)
- Added support for Microsoft Security Essentials logs.
And a few important bug fixes:
- Fixed a memory leak on the Windows agent that was not properly closing the sockets. It would cause a port exhaustion if the manager becames unavailable
for a long period of time.
- Fixed performance issue when the FTS queue was too large.
Check out our v2.4 changelog for the complete list of new features and bugs fixed.
Download the new version from http://www.ossec.net/main/downloads